Friday 2 December 2011

Glogster....

You can view my trial of glogster here.
Gorman (2010) I feel defines a Glog ideally through the following question. "What do you get when you mix up the whole genre of  multimedia, smack it into a blog, and then artistically arrange it into an awesome interactive on-line poster".  This tool really is like scrapbooking, or what I have seen someone else do with regards to scrapbooking....never really had the time or the desire myself which makes me think that I am more technologically engaged than I thought as I prefer to put my favourite photos on a DVD and play them on the TV. 
While completing some of the readings I began to collect ideas on how this tool could be incorporated in the primary classroom context.  This really is a poster that you could have playing when parents came to the classroom in the morning to drop the children off or in the afternoon as the children were being collected for the day.  This would encourage children to engage with their parents about what they had been doing throughout the day in their units of work.  This way when parents ask what their children had learnt today they already have some clues as prompts.  A great way to encourage social interaction for parents and child.   Remember the safety, ethical and legal obligations as a Learning Manager.
The following  website was also very useful check it out if you have time.
Depending on the age of the learners this too could be a great tool for them to make presentations as assessment tasks.
Gorman, M. (2010). 21st century educational technology and learning. Retrieved from http://21centuryedtech.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/changes-at-glogster-great-info-and-links-for-all-levels-of-users/
Glogster. (2011). What is glogster. Retrieved from http://edu.glogster.com/what-is-glogster-edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment