Thursday 3 November 2011

Welcome to my blog...Take 2.....Introduction/First Impressions

Hi everyone, welcome again to my Managing E-Learning blog page.  It is through this blog that I will complete my assessment task 2. 
My learning experiences this week I must say have been a little like being on a roller coaster, very up and down yet in a odd way I have kind of enjoyed the ride so far and have learnt quite a few things.  This is my second attempt to set up my blog even though the first one worked to some extent.
One thing that I am a little nervous about is that I just hope that I am completing all of the course readings and not missing any. 
I am finding that the video presentations are not only informative but easy to follow and easy listening.  After listening and watching the Sir Ken Robinson presentation I realise that I have never thought of education this way.  The future is so unknown yet we as Learning Managers are told to educate for the future.  This made me realise that even for myself that if we don't make some commitment and attempt to keep up with learning using ICT's you have no other option but to fall behind.  This is something that would have slipped by me if I had not undertaken studying!  Something I also had not thought about was the point made by  Robinson (2007) suggesting that learners grow out of creativity.  What a different way to look at this.  I guess if we can keep the creative in thinking we will develop critical thinkers in the 21st century!
The presentation from  Buzan (2007) identified a Mind Map as   "A thinking tool that reflects externally what goes on in your head."  I feel that this is one tool that I could use more effectively throughout my lectures as sometimes I struggle to take down notes and listen constructively at the same time.  The use of pictures, symbols or both would also be effective! 
So basically reflecting on this weeks learning experiences I feel that everything is a little scary at first but after trying it and having a go it is quite rewarding when you either work something out yourself or when someone that knows can show you.  It has also been great to meet both through ICT's and then in person some new people that you don't even know are on your same campus.  Thanks for the help guys (girls) and nice to meet you all.

References
Robinson, K. (2007). Do schools kill creativity? Retrieved from http://moodle.cqu.edu.au/mod/resource/view.php?id=216207

Buzzan, T. (2007). Maximise the power of your brain-Tony Buzan: mind mapping. Retrieved from http://moodle.cqu.edu.au/mod/resource/view.php?id=216207

No comments:

Post a Comment